Posted by: Ayumi
Hi every one!
This is Ayummi form SAKURA HOSTEL ASAKUSA.
Have you ever seen a sunrise from Mt. Fuji?
Mt. Fuji is Japan's highest and most prominent mountain.
July and August are the official climbing season.
Most people take about 6 to 7 hours to climb up to the summit.
Around the 8th station of the mountain, it started to get really windy and wet. On my way to the top, the weather was so bad that clothes and shoes got soaking wet.
These photos are view from summit when our stuff Joe took 2011.
He says i was absolutely one of the most rewarding experiences of his life!
Before climbing the mountain, make sure you are well prepared.
Here are the list of what to bring.
1. Sturdy Climbing Shoes - Comfortable and waterproof
2. Rain Jacket & Pants - Water and wind resistant with hood, Gore-Tex preferred
3. Light Pack-Sack - with a capacity of at least 25L
4. Socks & Base layer - wool or synthetics, wearing cotton is not recommended
5. Warm Clothes - Comfortable pants & Sweater - lightweight fleece?
6. Gloves - to keep your hands warm at nights and provide protection?
7. Light - Head lamp or a hand flashlight - for climbing in the dark
8. Trekking Poles - Provide good stability and reduces stress on the knees
9. High Energy Snacks - Power-Bars, Chocolate, Nuts
10. Water - One liter bottle to start, more can be bought later?
11. Pack-Sack Cover - most backpacks are not waterproof
12. Hat - otherwise a bandana or towel - provides protection from sun and heat
13. Sunglasses & Sunscreen?
14. 100 yen Coins- Restroom facilities from the 5th station onward require 200
15. Cash - Credit cards are not taken on the mountain
16. Camera - to capture the most spectacular sunrise you will ever witness
Older Entry Trip to Ogasawara Vol:8 -- Best Backpack..... >>
Newer Entry << 【Tokyo Restaurant Info】Bangkok in Tokyo
Posted by: AyumiN (July 19, 2016 4:42 PM)